this is the HomePage of this page-group
Each “mini-site,” or page-group, has a password that only permits visitors to read its pages. It also has a password that allows the owner to edit pages and upload files to the group. This “Example Group” is set up for you to experiment with; you can edit the pages in this page-group.
just login here using the password human
(Please do; the only reason we even bother with a password is to keep the automated “spam-bots” from trashing the place).
After you login, you’ll see a new row of control tabs above. Go to the page in this Example Group that you want to change, and then click the Edit tab to get a new view of the page, with
- an edit box at the top, and below it
- a cheat-sheet of formatting tips, and below that
- a preview of the page.
What could you use one of these for?
→No use is too small!←
Families can use it
- Within the family, use it as a bulletin board.
- Each member gets pages (or eventually, give members mini-sites of their own).
- Plan a family reunion.
- Plan the family vacation.
- Let your friends and extended family know what’s going on.
A work, sports, or social group can use it
- Post events
- Post schedules
- Post news
A small, startup business can use it
Develop your product or service offerings, marketing and pricing schemes, or internal operating process.
Individuals can use it
- Make it your notebook - available online, all the time, available from anywhere
- Plan an event -
- a party,
- a wedding,
- a meeting,
- a project
- re-roof the garage
- shop for a tattoo
- move to the Big City
- paint the kitchen
- get junior through the first year of soccer
- Post a resume and give the password only to selected users
What can it do?
First, what it can’t do
- In order for this site to be anything to anyone, we keep all matters behind passwords.
- This means that you can’t have pages that don’t require a password of some kind to view. You can publish the password(s) of your site as broadly as you like, but your visitors will have to use one to see your pages (If you like everything else about your mini-site except that, see “What if you outgrow it?”, below).
- Each “mini-site,” or page-group, has two passwords: in addition to the password that allows the owner to edit pages and upload files to the group, there is another one that only permits visitors to read its pages.
No page-groups within page-groups
- If you have lots of pages, you’ll need to be fairly systematic about your naming scheme, because all pages will be at the same level, hierarchically.
- So for instance, if you want to have multiple pages for each of several people, you’ll need to use names like “Susie Graduation”, “Susie Calendar 2006″, “Ben Study Notes - Moby Dick”, “Ben Kansas Trip 06 Packing List”, “Family Calendar 2007″ etc.
See the example forum. This is very simple. Just create a page named Forum and the form will be pre-generated.
See the example journal. Also very simple.
There is a calendar that has been developed as part of this site’s software. It automatically creates a page for each day that has entries. Another option is to embed the Google calendars of your choice in a page. For security reasons this isn’t enabled by default, but we can enable it for you on request - it’s quick and easy for us to do. See the example calendar for examples.
What if you outgrow it?
Add more page-groups here
We can link them to each other.
- The sub-domain will be an entire website.
- You can have as many page-groups on that site as you like.
- We can add a link in the main section of Glad Profusion.com that will help visitors find your site.
- You get to decide which parts are password-protected and which can be viewed by any visitor.
- No domain name registration, so no extra charge for that.
Register a domain name of your own (we’ll help)
- We can host a site like this one for you, set it up, and help you organize it.
What will it cost?
That depends. You’ll need to ask. Most likely, we can arrive at an arrangement that will suit you. Basically, we’ll discuss (no charge) what you’ll use it for, and then charge a very small fee to set up your page-group. Then if you want more features or help, we charge you by the hour to help you with layout or adding what you decide you want.
In fact, we can set up a sample for you to try at no charge, and then discuss rates once you know whether it’s likely to meet your needs. No use is too small!